1. Watching 'The Little Mermaid' and the ABC taping of 'Into the Woods' on constant rotation.
2. Putting on fully-costumed one-man shows at my parents' dinner parties.
3. Having a very hard time pronouncing words — avocado was agicado for instance.
4. Singing my heart out to the national anthem at morning school assembly and then being brought up on stage by a teacher to demonstrate to the entire school how it's done. I froze in a nervous panic, and have never sung the song since.
5. Waking up every morning at the crack of dawn to draw pictures of my favourite performers and divas. I had the most impressive collection of coloured Textas and glitter glue.
See Tom Sharah in his cabaret show 'It's Raining Me' at the Brisbane Powerhouse December 5-7.