1. ‘Bubble Bobble’. I never played this game in the arcade but on the Amiga 500, and it changed my life. It involved two dragons called Bub and Bob that could blow bubbles from their adorable mouths. I would waste my days playing co-op with my friend. We would play a run that involved never dying until we reached level 100.
2. ‘Pokemon’. I’m not ashamed of playing this since its inception. ‘Pokemon Red’ was my jam and I chose Bulbasaur. Sure he was grass and would catch on fire at any chance, but he was rad and saved me from Team Rocket.
3. ‘Shadow Of The Colossus’. You’re a cursed kid that must take down creatures as tall as buildings. You spend hours climbing on them while they romp around the empty universe. It was an amazing mix of effort and payoff, but that payoff was the death of something you had scaled intimately for hours so you felt a mix of sad and happy.
4. ‘Battlefield’. I think it’s important to pick a SUPER franchise. This was the first game to have 32 player vehicle combat. ‘Battlefield 4’ is about to drop and I am playing the Beta right now. The level designers have always perfectly constructed a cat and mouse layout.
5. ‘Faster Than Light’. I recently picked it up in a humble bundle pack and have been blown away with it! It is a rogue-like game that sees you managing a space ship. If you forget one little detail you will die. Like that time my oxygen room got damaged and everyone suffocated while repairing it. Sad day!
7bit Hero performs as part of 2high Festival at the Brisbane Powerhouse Saturday November 2.