1. The Escape Artist — Taipei, Taiwan. This was a unique trifecta venue with food, music and art. People were eating and drinking in one corner, I was playing away in another and in the next room were artists interpreting my music onto canvas.
2. Caloundra Music Festival — Sunshine Coast, Australia. This was my very first full blown music festival and it was such an exhilarating experience as an artist and as a punter. I got to enjoy the four day festival and the cruisy, chilled, laidback feel was welcomed as it wasn't the usual festival feel.
3. M Bar K — Tokyo, Japan. This was a small Aussie pub in a cranny, away from the hustle bustle of Tokyo city. It was my very first gig and I only did it because I hadn't seen my dad for 7 years and he egged me on to get up there (he was the owner then and live music commonly occurred there). It's where I got the buzz for performing.
4. The Gypsy Den — Santa Ana, US. A funky hub in a spunky street of Santa Ana made this gig one of my favourites. I went there a few times to get some grub during my breaks from recording my debut album. I joined in with the local musicians on my last visit and had a jam off.
5. Music on the Glade — Inverloch, Australia. Who could complain after a morning fish, an afternoon pipi hunt, a cold beer and then playing the sundown while sunburnt to a sleepy sea town of people sprawled out all over the hillside.
Deena supports Taylor at Live At Bond, at Bond University, Sunday October 27.