1. Chett Donnelly — ‘Weird Science’. Am I a huge nerd for loving this movie? If it's from the ‘80s and involves hacking government mainframes with an IBM computer, I'm all over it. The Pax is the best part about this movie. Besides Lisa, of course — sha-wing! He's hilarious and does a fantastic job being a complete arsehole. And Oingo Boingo did the soundtrack which is also cool.
2. Pvt. Hudson — ‘Aliens’. Two words: "Game over".
3. Gus — ‘The Dark Backward’. You always hear stories about actors who get way too involved in a role and never break character even when they're off camera. I wish this were true for him and this movie. Perfectly over the top. Classic Pax.
4. Morgan Earp — ‘Tombstone’. This is a twist in the Top 5. Here we see The Pax in a more serious role. He's not as slimy or cracked-out and sweaty as I'd prefer, but I still love that he's in this movie.
5. Simon— ‘True Lies’. He's only in the movie for a few minutes, but they were some of the funniest moments. I love the scene where he begs for his life and wets his pants. Again, classic Pax.
Catch Cartel, minus Bill Paxton, when they play the Surfers Paradise Beer Garden Thursday September 6.