1. John Bonham - Led Zeppelin. I grew up listening to bands such as Led Zeppelin, The Who, Deep Purple and the Rolling Stones as my Dad was always playing their records. I don't know why, but Led Zeppelin stood out to me the most and I immediately had a fascination with the drums and started looking up to John. The way he played, his huge drums and signature beats, I just loved them.
2. Travis Barker - Blink 182/ Transplants. When I began high school I was heavily into punk rock. NOFX, Propagandhi, No Use For A Name and of course Blink 182. What can I say, Travis transformed all their earlier stuff into his own, technical signature beats and just put a new dynamic into the band.
3. Jose Pasias - Incubus. I began my fascination with this band when 'S.C.I.E.N.C.E' was released and that grew greater along the years. To this day, they're still one of my favourite bands and Jose is def one of my idols.
4. Derek Grant - Alkaline Trio. My first tattoo was the Alkaline heart and skull head and they are still my favourite band. Derek immediately stood out to me with his unique low sitting style with flat tom set-up; he's still a big influence on me today.
5. Atom Willard - The Offspring/ Angels&Airwaves/ Social Distortion. I don't know why but Atom always stood out to me. He has a quirky sense of humour and really seems to lose himself in the moment. He's super hard hitting, but also awesome to watch and super creative with whatever group he's playing for.
The Getaway Plan play Fitzys Loganholme Friday March 30.