This Saturday at the Brisbane Record Fair in West End, five dealers will be showing five new collections for the first time.
1. Peter Wright travels from the Blue Mountains only twice a year for the Brisbane record fairs. This time Peter will have a collection of classic rock and progressive rock for sale for the first time... from AC/DC to Buffalo to rare Vertigo LPs.
2. Robert Truelove from Newcastle is a bootleg LP specialist, and will be unveiling a recent batch of rare and unreleased albums including gems from Bowie, The Cramps, Neil Young and The Velvet Underground.
3. Matt Bowden is a record dealer unparalleled in Australia for his colossal collection of classic rock, jazz, soul and funk LPs. Nearly all of what he brings to the fair this Saturday will be seen for the first time. Think Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and The Doors, Funkadelic, Parliament and James Brown plus Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Herbie Hancock.
4. Greg Cuffe has been selling rare records for 30 years and with the knowledge accrued by that, has bought a phenomenal psychedelic and progressive rock collection that is world standard. Brisbane Record Fair is proud to have Greg selling from this collection... Kraut rock, prog, folk, psyche and jazz.
5. John from Revolve Records in Sydney is making a special appearance at this first record fair. For those of you who know John, you will agree, he is what makes a fair. He will have an impressive 15 tables of stock... that's over 1,500 records on show... many new to the Brisbane Record Fair.
The Brisbane Record Fair takes place simultaneously at the Boundary Hotel, The Hi-Fi and Rumpus Room (all located on Boundary St, West End) from 10am Saturday November 9.