1. Mental struggle. If you would like to give my human side a gift — my human side being the side of me that strives to be a together person who is generally happy and sane — give me love. If you would like to give my artist side a gift — the artist being the poetic interpreter of life’s equations — take that love away.
2. Rhyming words. On occasions of channelled inspiration I will receive two words that fit together perfectly. When this occurs, I know that it’s time to write because those two words can domino into a soup of endorphins only people of passion will ever relate to. Last time I was given this gift it was 'native tongue.'
3. The craving to perform. When on stage, the idea of staring someone in the eyes can be quite intimidating. I thrive on the idea of forcing myself to engage in activities which scare me, adrenaline pumping, words flowing without even thinking — bathing in a moment of expression will always get my metaphorical mind member hard.
4. My Dad (S. Sean. Tretheway). As a sleight of hand magician of 40 years my father runs crowds like a boss; it’s almost like mind control the way he guides their eyes. I will always look up to him for his skills in the art of performance detail.
5. My Brother Alex Tretheway aka Babek. My older brother taught me how to rap, enough said.
Kudos is among the local contingent who’ll perform at Sprung Hip Hop at the RNA Showgrounds Saturday November 10. sprunghiphop.com.au